Windows allows you to change your screen orientation from landscape to portrait and back. Here is how.
- You can rotate your screen orientation from landscape to portrait and back.
- To rotate your screen in WIndows go to Settings>System>Display>Display Orientation.
- You can also change your screen orientation using keyboard shortcuts.
- There are different screen orientations on a Windows PC which include; landscape, Portrait, landscape (flipped), portrait (flipped).
Most computer and laptop monitors are designed to operate in landscape mode. Therefore, you’re most likely viewing content on your computer in landscape(horizontal) orientation. What if you want to project your computer screen to an external one with a different orientation? Then rotating your screen is the best way to match their orientation.
Luckily rotating your computer’s screen on a Windows 10 or 11 PC is a very simple task that requires little or no effort. Here is how you can rotate your display on your Windows 10 or 11 PC.
Using the Settings app
The Settings app on your PC comes in handy when tweaking your system. You can take the following steps if you would like to change your screen orientation through the settings app:
- Click on the Windows logo at the bottom left
- Click on the Settings icon
- Navigate to System -> Display
- Under the Scale and Layout section click on the dropdown menu under Display Orientation option
- Select either Landscape or Portrait
What are the Different Screen Orientations in Windows PC
There are different orientations to choose from, they include:
- Landscape: Normal screen orientation is termed as landscape.
- Portrait: This option will rotate your screen by 90 degrees to the left.
- Landscape (flipped): This will rotate the screen by 180 degrees i.e., your screen will be oriented upside down.
- Portrait (flipped): Similar to the portrait option, this will rotate your screen by 90 degrees to the right.
Change Screen Orientation Using Keyboard Shortcuts
You can also quickly change your screen orientation using keyboard shortcuts. Here is how to do it:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Left Arrow keys to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the left.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Right Arrow keys if you would like to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the right
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow keys to rotate the screen upside down
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Up Arrow keys to return the screen orientation to normal